The Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (FADP) applies. In case law beyond that from the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies, it is specifically mentioned.
2. Processing of Personal Data; Nature, Purpose and Use Thereof
When accessing our website swissproficiency.com, information is temporarily stored in so-called log files on our server. This is information that is automatically sent by the browser of your end device. Namely:
- IP address of the contacting device
- Date and time
- URL of the page called up
- Referrer URL
- Browser and other device information
The above data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Connection establishment of the website
- Use of our website
- System security and stability
You have given your consent to the described data processing in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
The legal basis for the data processing is overriding legitimate interest according to Art. 13 para. 1 FADP or Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. On the one hand, our legitimate interest follows from optimising and ensuring the security of the use of our website, for which we store and evaluate statistical data. Furthermore, in order to carry out proficiency tests, it is mandatory to collect, evaluate and store customer data such as company name, address, etc. as well as measurement data. This is so that these data can be consulted at a later date for evidence purposes. The ISO/IEC 17043 standard also requires the secure storage of proficiency test results.
3. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties (incl. Joint Controllers and Commissioned Data Processors)
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed.
Insofar as it is legally permissible according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you, your personal data will be passed on to third parties. This includes, in particular, the forwarding to shipping companies for the purpose of delivering the goods you have ordered and the forwarding of payment data to payment service providers or credit institutions in order to carry out a payment transaction. The data passed on may only be used by the third party for the purposes stated.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimise user-friendliness, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again in order to use our services, it is automatically recognised that you have already been with us and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
You can configure your browser settings so that no cookies are stored on your computer. Complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. Analytical Tools
After registration for the newsletter and the confirmation to receive the newsletter (double opt-in), the following personal data are processed: Name, first name, company, department, email address. The data is processed for the purpose of authenticating the subscriber upon registration and delivering a newsletter to the subscriber, determining whether and when the subscriber has opened this newsletter and individual articles on it.
The data you enter for the purpose of receiving the newsletter will be processed exclusively by Eurofins Qualitech AG. This data is processed exclusively on the basis of your consent. You can revoke this consent at any time, for example by using the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter. The data processing operations already carried out remain unaffected by the revocation. If we send newsletters with the help of providers, we can determine whether a newsletter has been opened and which links have been clicked on. In this case, the provider enables us to subdivide recipients according to different categories. If you do not want any analysis, you must unsubscribe from the newsletter.
7. Your Rights
You have the right:
- To request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details (Art. 15 GDPR). In the event of a disproportionately large effort, we reserve the right to demand proof of identity from you in advance as well as the assumption of the effective costs.
- To immediately request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us (Art. 16 GDPR).
- To request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 17 GDPR).
- To request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR (Art. 18 GDPR).
- To receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller (Art. 20 GDPR).
- To revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future (Art. 7 (3) GDPR).
- To complain to a supervisory authority (see below) (Art. 77 GDPR).
8. Right to Object
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
9. Data Protection
The Swiss Institute for Interlaboratory Proficiency of Eurofins Qualitech AG is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17043. We attach great importance to the secure, traceable and confidential storage of all customer and measurement data. For this purpose, we use protected servers that are backed up every day. Under no circumstances is confidential data made public. In addition, our internal access authorisation policy regulates in detail which Eurofins Qualitech AG employees have access to the data of the Swiss Institute for Interlaboratory Proficiency.
For security reasons, this site uses SSL encryption. This means that the data transmitted cannot be intercepted by third parties. No liability is accepted for data and information transmitted outside this website (e.g. via e-mail) and thus not protected from access by third parties.
10. Retention Period
When we store your personal data, we only do so for a limited period of time and no longer than necessary. In principle, we delete your data when it is no longer necessary for the processing purpose for which it was collected or if there are other legal reasons that require deletion. For example, Google Analytics data is retained for a maximum of 25 months.
Insofar as we are subject to legal retention obligations that require longer retention, we store the data for this period, in particular to comply with retention periods under commercial and tax law, which are between 2 and 10 years.
Other legal reasons for retention may be that we must retain data for evidentiary purposes (for example, the results of proficiency tests with the associated measurement and customer data) for the duration of the applicable statute of limitations, but at least 10 years.
11. Contact Data
Eurofins Qualitech AG
Contact Person Data Protection
Mr Marcel Dousse, executive member
Supervisory Authority (within Switzerland)
Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner
Mägenwil, 01.07.2022, Version V05
By unchecking the checkbox below you may disable the tracking cookies for the browser currently being used. These cookies are necessary for optimal functioning of the website.